Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the
Albrighton & District Civic Society
held at 31/32 High St, Albrighton,
on Tuesday 5th May 2015 at 2pm
Present :       
Peter Woodman - Chairman
Rod Smith – Secretary
John Bulmer
Bob Hickson
Ron Kidson
David Beechey (ex-officio representing Donington-with-Boscobell PC)


1. Apologies received from Kate Fletcher, Mike Pitchford,  Peter Leigh and David Thomas. Michael Ward (ex-officio representing Albrighton PC) did not attend.

2. Minutes of Meeting of 7th April 2015 were approved.

3. Treasurer’s Report.– MP to report at next meeting

4. To consider progress in regard to following main issues

a) ADCS/APC liaison meeting. PW had met Cllr Sylvia Pledger in a one to one meeting. PW reported that Cllr Pledger had said that their low funds meant difficulties in carrying out some desired activities but that APC will now review the situation of the public lavatory. Next liaison meetings will have several people from both organisations.

b) Station Master’s Building
PW reported that the owner had turned down an offer from a potential tenant who wanted to open a convenience store. A deal between the owner and the potential tenant (carpenter), who now has a business partner, had not yet been reached.

c) Station Pedestrian Access Ramp
RS reported that the actions agreed at the March meeting were being implemented. The Consortium of the four Parish Councils had still not been established. Cllr Pledger was organising a meeting of the four PCs but did not wish PW and RS from the Ramp Team to participate.
DB noted that the share of costs by the PCs would have to be settled but noted that for similar situations where only Albrighton PC and Donington-with-Boscobel PC acted together the share had been 2/3 by Alb PC and 1/3 by Donington with Boscobel PC

KF confirmed that they will hold an Arts/Craft Fayre on Saturday 20th June 2015.

e). Eyesores. BH has updated the List and separated it into zones which will be emailed to committee members for comments or additions. ACTION: BH and ALL

f) Old Barclays Bank Building.
PW reported that he had now identified the names of the directors of the company which owns the building and had written to them personally to ask for their plans and programme to finish the building work. The company was based in Litchfield. Cllr Pledger had asked for these details so that Alb PC could also write to them


5. Matters Arising
a) Villages Entrances Scheme.
JB reported that the three areas at Patshull Rd/Patshull Lane/A464 had been sprayed and hand weeded.
ACTION: ALL Next Working Party to meet at Patshull Rd/A464 at 9am on Saturday 27th June.
ACTION: Can MP organise grass cutting at Kingswood Rd/A41 entrance as he did previously?

b) Patshull Pool, Cross Rd
It was noted that while the area around the pool was tidy and looking nice the pool itself was full of weeds.
ACTION: RK will ask Michael Ward if APC is able get a Contractor to clear it

6. AOB

Next  meeting:  2p.m. Monday 1st June at 31/32 High St. (Peter Woodman’s house).



July Committee Meeting will be at 2pm on Monday 6th July

All future AGMs are on the second Monday of October
Public Meeting & AGM is at 7.00pm on Monday 12th October 2015