Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the
Albrighton & District Civic Society
held at 31/32 High St, Albrighton,
on Monday 6th July 2015 at 2pm

Present :       
Peter Woodman - Chairman
Rod Smith – Secretary
Mike Pitchford - Treasurer
John Bulmer
Bob Hickson
Ron Kidson
David Beechey (ex-officio representing Donington-with-Boscobel PC)      

1. Apologies received from Kate Fletcher, Peter Leigh, and David Thomas (ex-officio representing Boningale PC).  Michael Ward (ex-officio representing Albrighton PC) did not attend.

2. Albrighton Traders Association.(ATA) We were pleased to welcome Andy Evans (owner of Shop4Ducks), the new Chairman of the ATA to our meeting. Mr Evans wanted to meet the committee and to explore how the two organisations could cooperate to the benefit of the village. He explained that he was trying to generate more interest for residents to shop in Albrighton. He was also encouraging one-man-businesses and those without shop premises to join the Association. An ATA Fayre is to be held on 5th September where shops and businesses would participate.
The committee explained that ADCS was trying to get the public lavatory re-opened and noted that the public lavatory in the Crown car park was shown on every sign board on ATA’s signage scheme. ATA’s previous committee had supported the re-opening of the lavatory and asked if ATA would continue to press for its re-opening.
It was agreed that the society would meet with Mr Evans on a regular basis and would liaise on matters of mutual interest.

3. Minutes of Meeting of 1st June 2015 were approved.

4. Treasurer’s Report.– MP reported that £48.55 had been spent on plants and compost and all planters have been refreshed. Bank balance is £2066.90 (some of which is ring fenced for the Entrances Scheme).

5. To consider progress in regard to following main issues

a) Boningale Homes development of the Land East of Shaw Lane
ACTION: RS to ask Boningale Homes if they and their consultant would meet us to discuss our comments and in particular to allow RK to understand their drainage scheme.

b) Pedestrian Access Ramp. RS reported that Cllr Pate had secured agreement that the £40k funding will pass over into the next financial year when the footpath work in Station Rd will be carried out. RS reported that on 30th June 2015 the Ramp Team had met Alice Dilly & Mouchel and Cllr M Pate in Station Rd to review the Ramp Team Comments Report. It was agreed that Mouchel would work up the current scheme and that drawings would be ready by mid August. Alice Dilly proposed that a public consultation exhibition would be arranged in the Red House in September.

PW reported that Mark Pritchard had replied to Cllr Silvia Pledger’s letter and had confirmed that operational maintenance of the Ramp would be included  as a condition in the Dept for Transport’s next franchise agreement for train operator.

c) Public Lavatory. PW reported that Marstons had not found SC willing to discuss the dilapidations and so Marston have instructed surveyors and lawyers to prepare a dilapidations report which will be formally be sent to SC. It would be expected that Marstons would claim the cost of these professional fees from SC.

d) Eyesores. ACTION: BH said he would speak to the various owners about the eyesores on the List.
ACTION: PW would again contact the owners of the ex-Barclays Bank building as their promised date for re-starting the refurbishment had long since passed.

e)  George Evans’ Community Fund
ACTION: RK will submit an application on behalf of the Society for £500 to refurbish one or more benches. ACTION: BH will determine which benches are owned by Alb PC and which by SC.

6. Matters arising
a) Stall at Albrighton Fayre 11th July
RS, MP, BH and JB would be the main volunteers at the stall.
RS and MP would go on Friday evening to collect plants kindly donated by JB for sale at the stall and store them in the front garden of PW. We would meet at 9am on Saturday to set up.


b) Entrances Scheme
Next working party is at 9am on Saturday 15th August at Patshull Rd/A464 junction.
6. AOB

Next  meeting:  2p.m. Monday 3rd August at 31/32 High St. (Peter Woodman’s house). 

Following Meeting will be at 2pm on Monday 7th September  2015

All future AGMs are on the second Monday of October

Public Meeting & AGM is at 7.00pm on Monday 12th October 2015
(RS has checked with Mandy and our booking is registered and the booking confirmation form has been given to MP)