Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the
Albrighton & District Civic Society
held at 31/32 High St, Albrighton,
on Monday 7th September 2015 at 2pm

Present :       
Peter Woodman - Chairman
Rod Smith – Secretary
Bob Hickson
David Thomas (ex-officio representing Boningale PC)

1. Apologies received from Peter Leigh, Mike Pitchford, Ron Kidson, John Bulmer and David   
Beechey (ex-officio representing Donington-with-Boscobel PC). Michael Ward (ex-officio representing Albrighton PC) did not attend.

2. Minutes of Meeting of 3rd August 2015 were approved.

3. Treasurer’s Report.– MP could not attend and his report will be made at a next meeting.

4. To consider progress in regard to following main issues

a) Pedestrian Access Ramp. RS reported that:-
i) Bilfinger acting for EE had asked if the small “isolated piece of land” between the ramp and NR land could be transferred to the Consortium of PCs along with the ramp land. RS had asked Cllr Pledger who had confirmed that it could and RS on behalf of the Ramp Team had replied with this to Bilfinger. Bilfinger also advised that they are ready to start preparing the legal documents. After consultation with Cllr Pledger & PW, RS had replied that starting drafting legal documents needs to wait until we have the drawing from SC for the footpath works and also confirmation of the date when the rail-over-road bridge will be replaced as the footpath works will be carried out immediately after that.
ii) PW reported that after agreement with Clr Pledger, he will do most of the legal preparation pro-bono but the finalisation and would be completed by George Green & Sons Solicitors (PW’s his son is a solicitor there) in order to save legal cost to the Consortium of PCs.
ii) Alice dilly (SC) had said that the revised drawing of the footpath in Station Rd would be ready mid August. ACTION: RS to follow this up again with A Dilly.

b) ADCS/APC Liaison. ACTION: PW would try to set up a meeting of ADCS officers and PC representatives after our AGM.

c) Public WC. PW had heard from John Widerson that Marston had prepared a dilapidation report for issue to SC.

d) Eyesores.
BH said that he and PW had met Steve Brown (Highways, Transport & Environmental Commissioning Manager, SC) on Fri 14th August and walked round the village to view the worst eyesores. Steve Brown would send a list of work which SC will carry out.
PW reported that the promises from the owners of the old Barclays Bank building to restart the refurbishment work and to fix the dangerous garage door had come to nothing. ACTION: PW  will write to them again pointing out the risk of accident to anyone, particularly children, from the dangerous garage door which is hanging off its fixings and which has very strong springs with stored up energy posing a serious risk. PW to ask if SC is able to contact the owners to press for action, perhaps under H&S issues.

e) Promotional Brochure. BH reported that comments were needed and only received from RS so far. DT suggested that he could ask Ray Symons if he could have a look at it and make suggestions for making it into a short leaflet.

f) School Awards Scheme. ACTION: PW to agree the topic provisionally titled “Local Sport and Recreation” with the schools.

5. Matters arising
a) Public Meeting and AGM 12th October 2015.
Several residents had spoken to committee members and had wanted a public meeting to discuss the Future of the Library and the Future of the Swimming Pool and saying that the parish councils should be involved. It was previously agreed that the Civic Society Public Meeting could be turned into a Joint Public Meeting. ACTION: PW would speak to Clr Pledger and Shropshire Clr Malcolm Pate. RS would also write to the four parish councils asking if they would like to hold a joint public meeting.

6. AOB

Next  meeting:  2p.m. Monday 5th October at 31/32 High St. (Peter Woodman’s house).
(Post Meeting Note: Subsequently changed to Wed 7th October)

Following Meeting will be at 2pm on Monday 2nd November 2015

All future AGMs are on the second Monday of October

Public Meeting & AGM is at 7.00pm
on Monday 12th October 2015