Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the
Albrighton & District Civic Society
held at 31/32 High St, Albrighton,
on Monday 3rd Oct 2016 at 2pm
Present :       
Peter Woodman - Chairman
Rod Smith – Secretary
Bob Hickson
Ron Kidson

1.  Apologies received from Mike Pitchford, Peter Illes, John Bulmer, Peter Leigh, David Thomas (ex-officio representing Boningale PC) and David Beechey (ex-officio representing Donington with Boscobel PC)

2. Minutes of Meeting of 5th September 2016 were approved.

3. Treasurer’s Report.– MP will report next month

4. To consider progress in regard to following main issues

a) Eyesores. BH reported that after his request to the post office, two post boxes had been painted and two are yet to be done. PW reported that the waste bin opposite the Co-op shop had lost its door and ACTION: BH will write to Stephen Brown at SC to ask for a new bin.
BH reported that the painting of the benches was being carried out by RAF Cosfored with paint supplied by Alb PC but that work had stopped due to running out of paint.

b) Future of the Swimming Pool. PW reported that he and RS had attended the Pool Committee that morning. The School said our article in last month’s parish magazine was not correct and had then sent two letters to their parents and the Chairman of Governors had written to PW. It was agreed that PW and RS would meet the Head and Governor at the school to agree a statement for next issue of parish magazine.
It was agreed that certain documents and information would be circulated to all parties of the Pool Committee on Fri 14th October and that a next meeting would be held at 3.30pm on Monday 17th October to try to make progress with moving control of the pool from SC to a Trust (probably made up of the Albrighton PC, possibly Donington PC, the School and the Swimming Club).
Action by:-
Chairman of Swimming Club – copy of the accounts for last 3 years, copy of new Constitution (which was to be confirmed at a Special Meeting of the Club Committee that evening) .
Chris Edwards and PW – documents dealing with the transfer of control

c) School Awards. PW reported that all three schools had agreed with the topic for 2017 – “Local Bird Life”.

d) Promotional Folder. BH had now completed the update and would make two copies ready for circulation at the AGM – ACTION BH.

5. Matters Arising
a) All arrangements for the AGM to be as last year. Please arrive no later than 6pm at the Red House next Monday 10th October to set out chairs etc.
RS and MP will go to test the sound equipment this week.

6. Any Other Business


Next  meeting: 2pm. Monday 7th November at 31/32 High St. (Peter Woodman’s house).

Following Meeting will be at 2pm on Monday 5thDecember 2016.
(Committee Meetings are usually held on the first Monday each month)

Public Meeting & AGM is at 7.00pm on
NEXT Monday 10th October 2016.
Please come at 6pm to help set up chairs etc


All future AGMs are on the second Monday of October