Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the

Albrighton & District Civic Society

held on Monday 12th April 2021 at 2pm



Present :        

Peter Woodman – Chairman

Rod Smith – Secretary

Peter Illes

Ron Kidson

Gaynor Richards

Phyl Woodman

David Beechey (ex-officio representing Donington-with-Boscobel PC)


1. Apologies received from Mike Pitchford and David Thomas (ex-officio representing Boningale PC).     Roger Rudman was welcomed and co-opted as a new committee member.


2. Minutes of Meeting of 1st March 2021 were approved


3. Treasurer’s Report.– MP was on holiday but had advised that the current bank balance was  £1677.85


4. To consider progress in regard to following main issues


a) East of Shaw Lane development. - No news


b) Field Development (behind Shaw Lane at the south end of Shaw Lane). It was agreed to ask the ADAG members to take a look and also to ask Bob Watson if he would like to join ADAG.

RS suggested that it may be helpful to the builder/developer if ADAG met with him to let him know the local concerns which led to the failure of the planning application by Jessup as these (traffic and drainage introduced into Shaw Lane) may be the consequences of this development. This may allow him to avoid such issues well before his plans are developed. ACTION: PW would speak to G Catlin and Bob Watson.


c)  Whiteacres Development – PW reported his discussion with the SC planner and more information was expected.


d) Website. Gaynor reported that she was now in cantact with Shaun Meridith-Jones and they were making progress

There had been no action on setting up a Face Book page which was deferred until later


5. Matters arising

a) Flower/Garden Competition. It was agreed that we would run it this year. ACTION: RS to speak to John Bulmer to ask if he would be the Head Judge again. Entries to Phyl by deadline 7th June. Judging mid June.


b) RR suggested that we should consider running a street market or farmers market on the green every month or quarter. Members would consider this and RR would send a report with suggestions.


6. AOB.   




Next  meeting:  2pm. Mon 10th May 2021 by ZOOM



Following Meeting will be at 2pm on Monday 5th June 2021




Note for your Diary

Public Meeting & AGM is at 7.00pm on Monday 11th October 2021        

All future AGMs are on the second Monday of October